Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Vincent Van Gogh

 Dickins, R. (2006), The Usborne Art Treasury

I have always found Vincent Van Gogh's work very interesting, he is more famous now than when he was alive, he is also famous for cutting his ear off after arguing with one of his friends, it is understandable why he did that because he had a mental illness. Some people think he is just a crazy man who could paint but  to me I think he was an amazing artist and his work was amazing the way he paints his work and how the colours complement each other. The image that i have chosen is Starry Night this is one of my favourite paintings by Vincent Van Gogh. when i look at the painting it always makes me feel more relaxed and calm because of the scenery and the calm colours. Van Gogh said "looking at the stars makes me dream" from Dickins, R. (2006), The Usborne Art Treasury. I agree with him stars can make you dream and they can also inspire you which i think they did when he painted Starry Night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment